Coconut oil and its benefits ???

 August 14th, 2013 
Coconut oil is solid and white at cold temperature and liquid and transparent under warm weather. If you take a little bit of time to browse the Internet or read magazines you will find out that many benefits are attributed to Coconut oil from “improves blood cholesterol level”, “helps you burn fat” to “protects against cancer”, etc... Personally I do not think that one single product can do so much, and if it was THE miracle product I am sure everyone would know about that.

I am not a Chemist so I have not done scientific studies on coconut oil’s molecular properties; but I have used it for several years now so I am going to tell you what it does for me and how I use it. 
I mainly use this oil on my hair has a treatment before my shampoo or “preepoo”. I have naturally very dry hair so the day before my shampoo I ALWAYS saturate my hair from roots to tips with this oil.  I then cover my hair with a film wrap and add a heated cap on top for a few hours or go to sleep. The next morning I keep on with my regular routine: rinse, shampoo, deep condition etc... Coconut oil acts as an overnight conditioner and prevents my hair from feeling dry after the shampoo. Overtime I have noticed that my hair was less dry, became softer, shinier, stronger more manageable and I tend to get less split ends 
You can also use coconut oil as your unique deep conditioner: use it as a “preepoo” as I mentioned above then rinse, shampoo, dry and add your leave in. Or you can add some in your regular conditioner. Or you could use it to moisturize you hair on a daily basis: this oil is heavy so you might want to focus on your ends only. There are many ways to use coconut oil so it all depends of your hair type and the amount of time you have.

In the summertime only I also use coconut oil on my skin as my body moisturizer. After I am done taking my shower I dry my skin with my towel as usual, and while my skin still feels a little damp I apply the oil. It makes my skin feels soft and moisturized for a long time and it also looks radiant. You really don’t need to use a lot and it is really easy to apply.
Coconut oil becomes solid at cold temperatures so to use it on my hair in the wintertime I warm the container with hot water. Also to avoid having oils all other my bathroom I always transfer the oil in a bottle for easier application.

If you take the time to look at the bottles in stores and you will find out that many brands promote the use of “natural organic coconut oil” in their products; from shampoo to moisturizer. Take the time as well to look at the back of those products and look carefully at the ingredients list and you will also find out that there is a tone of non-natural ingredients and that coconut oil is listed towards the end of that list. That is what is called marketing! So the best way to fully enjoy the benefits of this oil is to go to a store and buy you a bottle of 100% organic coconut oil.
It is cheap, easy to find easy to use and a little goes a long way so If I were you I would give it a try!


Dianna. H



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chiicpik. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig