Everyday makeup look: Rosy nude

 September 5th, 2013  
Today I want to show you a makeup look that I have enjoyed doing this summer when I do wear make-up.  I am sure it would also work in winter time but it is now one of my favorite for the summer. I love it because it is very versatile in the sense that with the exact same products you can easily adapt it to be natural or
more sophisticated.
How did I do?
1/ I used a thin layer of my Alpha H SPF 50 moisturizer. I always use a SPF 50 to moisturize my face in summer time. If you want to know why I choose so; please click here.
2/ I applied a small amount of my foundation with a sponge. The dream matte mousse foundation is the only one I apply with a sponge. That is also one of the rare foundation that match my skin complexion.
3/I used my fingers to apply a light pink creamy eye shadow on my entire lid. Creamy eye shadows are perfect for the summer as it last all day. As the eye shadow is lighter than my skin, adding mascara on my lashes is enough to make my eyes look bigger and well defined. There is no need of an eyeliner here to get a good impact.
4/I applied 2 layers of my favorite long lasting mascara.
5/I applied a nude lipstick from the bullet. It is a brown color with some pink undertone. It is a perfect nude lipstick on me.
6/I brushed my eyebrows and lightly filled them in with a brown/black pencil . I said lightly because I do not like when the eye brows are so defined that you can see the trace of the pencil. And with the other side of the pen (the wax) I was able to stick them in place
7/I applied a small amount of blush focusing on the apple of my cheeks. The color is a bright pink and is really pigmented; so when I say that I applied a small amount; I mean it. Don’t be afraid of this color, it looks very beautiful on very dark or very light skin.
Here are some changes I would have done for a more sophisticated look:
-Use a black eyeliner on top of my lids to get more impact on the eyes and make them look bigger. To avoid a harsh look use a pencil instead of a pen.
-Use more blush on the cheeks but also go higher on the cheekbones.

I love this look for its versatility. I can wear it for day time or night time; for work, dinner or a wedding. To perfect your final look you just have to pick the appropriate accessories: hair accessories, jewelry, outfit, nail color, hair style shoes and purse…

Dianna.H

Photos:
All (faces) pictures are not retouched, they were taken on day light with no flash.
1- Blush brush: from Sephora
2-Lipstick: Rimmel lasting finish lipsick color coffee shimmer n°264
3-Cream eye shadow: Gemey Maybeline color tattoo color pink gold
4-Blush: Illamasqua Powder blusher color “Excite”
5-Lashes: Benefit ‘they’re real” mascara in black
6-Eyebrows : L’Oréal Super liner brow artist in brown-black
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chiicpik. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig