All red for the winter !

 January 26th; 2014 
Hello; I wish winter was already over but unfortunately it is still here. Unlike many people who tend to reach for dark colors in the winter; I tend to reach for bright colors to help me forget that everything is cold, grey or black around me. Well to tell the truth I tend to reach for bright colors every single day of the year ... So this weather is what inspired me to do this look; and I decided to go for a 100% red makeup look.
I picked my favorite red colors for the winter. I used a dark red nail polish; a blue based red lipstick and a red based blush (brick color). I decided to use that same blush as my eyeshadow.
Skin: I applied my concealer all other my lids to even out the skin in this area and then applied my foundation with my fingers as usual.
Eyes: I applied a black waterproof eye pencil at the roots of the upper lash line, and some dark brown eye shadow at the roots of the bottom lash line. I used my blush as an eyeshadow and with a brush I placed this brick color on the crease of my eyes and then blended. To finish the eyes I applied my waterproof mascara.
Brows: I lightly filled in my eyebrows with a dark brown pencil and use a pencil wax to fix my eyebrows in place
Lips: I use one of my favorite red lipsticks which is blue based
Cheeks: I applied my blush from the cheeks to the temple with a C shape; focusing on the cheeks. I love this blush because it is very pigmented but for this look I only applied a small amount because I had already had enough red on my face and I did want to look like a clown; I wanted this look to be sophisticated.

The weather was cold today but also very sunny which made it difficult to get the accurate color of the eyeshadow on picture. Usually I avoid to use the flash when I take pictures for this blog but I made an exception for the below picture because the real color of the eyeshadow was showing a little bit better with the flash. And I wanted to show you that yes we can use this red/brick color on the eye.


Products I used:


1-Revlon-nail polish in 046/valentine

2-Nars- lipstick in red lizard

3-BlackUp blush- coulor BL11
4-BlackUp concealer-color n°04
5-Maxfactor mascara high definition in black
6-Lancôme teint idole ultra 24h in 13
7-Cargo HD compact powder in 40
8-Makeupforever waterproof aqua eyes- color:black
9-Urban decay eye pencil 24/7 in demolition/dark brown (I use it to definemy eyebrows)
10-Lancôme waterproof eyepencil in châtaigne brun (I use it along my lower lash line)
11-L'Oréal eyebrows pencil super-liner (I used the side with the wax to fix my eyebrows in place)
All pictures featuring my makeup look are not retouched.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chiicpik. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig