Part 2/2: Can we use glycolic acid to get a more beautiful skin ?

 January 23rd; 2014 
Hello, here is the part 2 of my post on glycolic acid (part 1 here).
I found out about glycolic acid almost two years ago; and since then I have tried several products. The below picture shows different products in which glycolic acid is the main active ingredient.  I have tried all of them; but once at a time of course.  The main reason I bought each product was to reduce breakouts; get a more even skin tone; get a smoother skin texture and smaller pores.

The pads: (N°3) Peter Thomas Roth Gentle complexion correction pads 
This is the first product containing glycolic acid I have ever used. It also contains alcohol denat. Usually my skin does not react well with this alcohol but I did not have any problem. This product did help to shrunken my pores and smooth my skin a little bit; but it did nothing for my other skin issues.  

The creams: (N°1) Teosyal Radiant Night Peel/ (N°4) Filorga Sleep and Peel
As I wanted to avoid the use of denat alcohol I decided to try a night cream. I started to use the Switzerland brand Theosyal (N°1) but I did not see any result at all using this product although it claims that it contains 15% of glycolic acid which is the highest percentage of any products I have ever used. I have to say that I really doubt that this percentage is accurate because this level is usually use in Dermatologist offices only… Anyway; this product was a waste of my money.
Filorga:  I had read really good reviews on this product before I bought it and at first I was really pleased; my skin reacted well my pores got smaller and my skin tone was a little bit more even. Unfortunately those results lasted a few weeks only and after a while I did not see those results anymore. As this product is expensive I did not repurchase it.

The mask: (N°2) Caudalie enzymatic peel mask
After those unproductive experiences with night creams I found out about this glycolic based mask from Caudalie. I have already talked about this brand in this blog here, and so far I have been very pleased with all the products I have bought from them. Well this one is no exception; it did exactly what it claims: shrunken my pores; even out my skin tone; smooth my skin. I have used this product for 3 months last summer and my skin was glowing. I will definitely repurchase this mask.

One thing I can say about glycolic acid is that no matter the product I use; I have never had any adverse effects on my skin so far; which is a miracle for my very sensitive/reactive skin. It can takes some time to find the right product with the right ingredients that will work on our skin; but each skin is different so we just have to be patient.

XOxo

Dianna.H
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. The trend nowadays is pointing to an increased use of natural face masks. You don't need to buy expensive masks from department or discount stores to have beautiful, glowing skin. The secret is inside your house with ingredients everyone has lying around. natural skincare - home page

    ReplyDelete

© Chiicpik. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig