Battle of the brands/ waterproof makeup removers: Lancôme Bi-facil vs Bioderma micellar water

 March 23rd; 2014 
Hello, today I have a new battle of the brands for you. First let me tell you how I got the idea of introducing those particular products to you.
I have been using Bioderma micellar water for years now, I even talked about it on my post "First step for a beautiful skin: clean your face". I use it sometimes to remove all my makeup followed by a gel cleanser but most of the time I use it to remove my eye makeup only. It is very gentle for the eyes so I have always loved it. If you are a regular reader of my blog you should know by now that my favorite mascara is "they’re real" from Benefit. It is a long lasting mascara that is truly long lasting and I have never had any problems to remove it with the Bioderma lotion. It does remove everything easily. See picture below how the cotton pads look after holding it on to my eyes for 20 to 30 sec.
From time to time I like to try out new mascaras and lately I tried out the Max Factor Masterpiece in waterproof. The first time I tried to remove it with the Bioderma micellar water; guess what ? Almost nothing was coming off. To be able to remove it completely  I then had to follow this product with some of my two favorite makeup removers. It is a lot, too much I think and I don’t like to be so rough on my eyes so I got upset. The Bioderma product states on the instruction that it is also good to remove waterproof makeup… Really ?
At that moment the only mascara I had was this one and I liked it so I had to figure out a way to remove it gently. Few months back I had bought a foundation from Lancôme and received as a free gift a sample of their makeup remover so I finally decided to give this one a try as the instruction also states that it works on waterproof makeup. And guess what ? This one works great. Buy you should not just believe my words. That’s why I also have pictures.

To remove my eye makeup I always soak up two cotton pads with product, I place them on my closed eyes and press gently for a few seconds (20 to 30s). Below are the results that I got.
I have seen a few comments on the Internet stating that Bioderma will remove waterproof mascara if you hold it for a few minutes. So I decided to give Bioderma another try and hold the pads longer: 2 to 3 minutes. The result is barely different (see picture below).
I don’t know how long those persons have waited or even if they were using a real waterproof mascara. But here are my results with pictures to prove it. I had the same results with the false lash flutter mascara in waterproof from l'Oréal. The verdict is easy, it’s not working. I think that 3 minutes should be enough because nobody wants to spend 10 minutes trying to remove eye makeup.  I still love the Bioderma micelar watter for many reasons but it’s definitely not appropriate for real waterproof mascara.

The Lancôme is amazing but it is not cheap so I think I am gone test other affordable so called waterproof makeup removers and see if I can find anything as good before taking the plunge on a full size bottle. So more battles of the brands on waterproof makeup removers are on their way. To be continued … 

XOxo 
Dianna.H
SHARE:

24 comments

  1. Nice site. On your blogs very interest and i will tell a friends. top branding firms

    ReplyDelete
  2. But wanna comment that you have a very nice internet site , I love the style and design it really stands out. top branding companies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Opting for tanning meeting only the day preceding your big day I snot a sound choice. In the event that you need tanning to be done, at that point do it step by step throughout the week till the huge day shows up. That way it looks common.
    Makeup artist

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that thanks for the valuabe information and insights you have so provided here. air mattress cover

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. Cool article. There’s a problem with the site in chrome, and you might want to check this… The browser is the marketplace chief and a big component of other folks will miss your excellent writing due to this problem. I like your Post and I am recommend it for a Site Award. san francisco design agency

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting points you have noted , regards for putting up. branding firms san francisco

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would really love to guest post on your blog..**.` top branding agencies nyc

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don’t ordinarily comment but I gotta say regards for the post on this great one : D. brand identity design nyc

    ReplyDelete
  10. The $500 off the Name it ASAP package is such a great steal given the high quality service that they offer. The product names that Alexandra came up with during our call really caught my attention. I would definitely recommend this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Huge thanks to the people behind this brand naming agency! They helped me figure out a new name for my product, that's starting to ship out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sports inculcates the spirits of sportsmanship and sharing. Children playing together as a team, share and celebrate their victory together. This has a positive affect on a child's psychology and behavior. dart game

    ReplyDelete
  13. The greater part of these "not exceptionally complimenting" eyebrow results were on ladies who lived in more modest towns and segregated areas where more up to date inking methods had not yet started to be applied, and where dark Chinese ink that was utilized to make winged serpents on the shoulders and backs of men was likewise utilized on woman's temples.Foccallure Pore-Blurring Primer Shade:#01

    ReplyDelete
  14. The article posted was very informative and useful. You people are doing a great job. Keep going. raquel welch wigs 2020

    ReplyDelete
  15. It seemed like a hard and fast attack to my soul trying to methodicallly persuade me that I had nothing to bringing to the table. TKTX numbing cream UK

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm trying BLACKWOOD for the last three weeks for my hair and it's giving me extraordinary results You guys must give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  17. The point of addition just as the direction of the relocated hair follicle to the outside of the skin and the face are amazingly essential to the style and achievement of the eyebrow relocate method. Eyebrow growth serum

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for taking the time to discuss that, I feel strongly about this and so really like getting to know more on this kind of field. Do you mind updating your blog post with additional insight? It should be really useful for all of us. bridal makeup

    ReplyDelete
  19. This assortment will incorporate the cosmetics that you purchased to coordinate with just unique sorts of outfits, sensational tones, bogus eyelashes, wild shadings like those utilized for Halloween, shine powder that you can wear when going to clubs and whatever other cosmetics that you wear rarely.100% L-Ascorbic Acid Powder

    ReplyDelete
  20. When inspecting your cosmetics for capacity, on the off chance that you run over one that is excessively old, make certain to arrange it so it will not occupy more room.Marble Fusion Baked Highlighter

    ReplyDelete
  21. howdy, your websites are really good. I appreciate your work. start-up names

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super-Duper site! I am Loving it!! Will come back again, Im taking your feed also, Thanks. names for businesss

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mortgage holders avoid employing a waterproofing worker for hire since they are worried about the colossal expense of the waterproofing project. waterproofwiki

    ReplyDelete

© Chiicpik. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig