My review: The Body Shop all-in-one instablur 5 action-perfector

 January 30th 2015 
Today I want to review the primer All-in-one Instablur  by the Body Shop that I discovered this past summer.To give you a little bit of background, I have combination dehydrated skin. and I have great difficulties finding foundations that do not make me look oily after a few hours. I have used a few primers in the past but was never impressed. Last spring I watched a beauty video of the Youtuber and Blogger, Ruth from amodelrecommends.com where she was reviewing this primer and she had only good things to say about it.  I have been following her for years and really trust her reviews.
Last summer I was on a hunt for a long lasting foundation because I already knew that I would spend a few months in South India so it was even more important for me to find a good long lasting foundation and if possible a good primer. The price is much more affordable than other products (€15/£25 for 25ml)  that I buy so I had nothing to loose really... What is this product supposed to do? It is supposed to have 5 actions:
  1. 12H SHINE CONTROLLING
  2. PORE SMOOTHING
  3. BLEMISH HIDING
  4. COMPLEXION UNIFYING
  5. MAKEUP EXTENDING
What do I think about it ?
I agree with what the brand say except for "complexion unifying". I don't really know how it can do that??? But anyway I love it; this is almost my 3rd month in South India and this primer has helped me so much. I very rarely wear foundation on the weekend here, but during the week I wear it everyday for a full day of work. I spend most of my time in the office with a strong air conditionning but just going out for lunch or for a walk is already a challenge for your makeup here. I did the test of wearing my foundation with and without this primer and  it is obvious that it does help to control shine. From the five points that the brand claims I am more impressed by "the makeup extended" and the "shine controlling" the 12 hour probably depends on your skin type. I think those 2 points are definetly the strenght of this product. I had also put it to the test in Paris in the summer during the week or the weekend and I also got great results. The first tube lasted me almost 4 months and I was using it from Monday to Friday so it is very good value for money.
The product is transparent so it does not change the color of your skin before you apply your foundation which I love. It has a consistency close to a silicone based primer. I don't see perfume or alcohol denat in the ingredient lists. Those tend to make me break out so that is a good plus for me and there was no break out for my sensitive skin this time. The full list of the ingredients is at the end of this post. You only need to use a little bit and you can easily spread it on your face, that is why it lasts that long. If you use too much of it will peel on your skin. Now this is not a magical product; if you have very oily skin do not expect to keep a matte face all day; also if your foundation is already bad and/or not adapted to your skin type it will not change it into the perfect foundation. But if you have found a good foundation already this product will help you make it look better longer.
I only have one more thing to say: -Very well done The Body Shop !
Will I repurchase ? For sure I will and as you can see on the above picture it is already done.

XOxo

Dianna.H

Ingredient list:Isododecane (Solvent), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Vinyldimethyl/Trimethylsiloxysilicate Stearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Absorbent/Bulking Agent), Silica (Absorbent), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Viscosity Increasing Agent), Isononyl Isononanoate (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Polymethyl Methacrylate (Emollient), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Ethylene Brassylate (Masking Agent), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Laureth-4 (Emulsifier/Surfactant).
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chiicpik. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig