Battle of the brands: My review Benefit dream screen SPF 45 / Crème de la mer the SPF 50 UV protecting fluid

 July 14th, 2015 
I remember exactly the day I bought Crème de la mer SPF 50 fluid. It was last summer on a sunny Sunday. As a sun protection I aready had on my face the Clinique even better SPf 50 (read more HERE). I spent many hours outside so after a while I decided to reapply it while I was walking. Soon after that a guy looked at my face in a strange way so I checked my face in a mirror and my skin was looking very ashy kind of a mix of bue/grey/purple ! 
I was so upset that all I wanted was to remove it from my face. I was walking by a mall so I stopped there to find micellar water and remove that horrible cream and came across the crème de la mer counter. The representative pitied me I think so she advised me on their SPF50 lotion. I was able to on my skin prior purchase first. It seemed good so I decided to get it.
All about the product
The packaging is simple easy to use and to carry around. The texture of the product is similar to a fluid hence the name. It gives my combination/dehydrated skin a perfect level of moisture and it does not give my skin an ashy look. If I apply a foundation on top it does not look oiler than normal. It does have a slight smell of sunscreen and it may sting your eyes if you apply it too close to this area. Also I have noticed a few weeks after use that there are tiny blue particles on that lotion. I don’t really know what it is there for, but once it is on my face I don’t see them anymore. To sum up I love this product but althought it lasts a long time what I love the least is the price £65/$90/€80 for 1.7fl.oz or 50ml !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although I was very satisfied with the above product I was not satisfied with the price so when I heard that Benefit has a similar product of course I had to get it…

All about the product

Once again the packaging is simple, easy to use and to carry around. The texture of this product is very liquidy, almost like water. It smells like a regular moisturiser and never hurt my eyes.When you apply it on the skin it feels greasy at first but you just have to let it sit for 2 mins and it dries out to a matte finish. Although it has a matte finish if you apply your foundation on top it will not look more matte, just normal or a little bit oilier. After application I feel that my combination/dehydrated skin is not moisturized enough and it does not feel comfortable. It retails for £25/32$/€37 for 1.52us fl.oz. or 45 ml

Who wins the battle ?
Crème de le mer fluid does almost all I need: moisture and high protect. Also I wore this product when I was in India and then on vacation in Congo where I spent a lot of time outside under the sun so I can confirm that it protects the skin and my face never taned. My main issues with the Benefit dream screen is that I need another product to moisturize plus when I recently wore this product on vacation my nose peeled and my face taned on a very hot sunny day so I don’t really know what to think... Despite the price I choose the Crème de la mer fluid SPF50 over the Benefit dream screen SPF45.
Have you tried those products? What do you think of them ?

XOxo
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I will try to find creme de la mer here in Canada great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I hope you will like it as much as I do !

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wanted to try the La Mer sunscreen. Thanks for the review. Your skin looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment on my skin :-) I have to work a lot on it... And yes so far this facial sunscreen is the best for me. I did this review last year and one year later I am still using it. I checked their spf30 in store but I can't stand the smell of that one...

      Delete

© Chiicpik. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig