How I blow-dry my kinky dry natural hair.

 October 15th,2015 
lire en françcis ici
Hello readers, a few weeks ago I decided to blow dry my hair for the first time since I cut it last year. I had never blown dry my natural hair before although I had kept my hair natural for many many years in the past. Although my hair is short blow-drying my hair was a long process and here is why.
The best way to damage your hair when you use heat is to use heat on damaged and /or ditry hair. My hair is very healthy since I cut it, but it is naturally very dry and kinky. So before I blow dry my hair I need to make sure it is super moisturized, conditioned and strong. Because my hair is also kinky and shrinks a lot I also need to use a great mask to give maximum  manageability and elasticity to my hair so it won't break off during the process. 

STEP 1- PREEPOO

A preepoo is a healthy step we use before shampooing the hair to give EXTRA care to the hair starnds. Here I used the Indian oil to strenghten my hair. I applied it on my scalp and massaged it in (read ful review here). On my hair strands I use the Ojon balm to give extra moisture to my hair (read full review here) and I kept those oils for several hours. You can also use coconut oil or a mix of different oils.

STEP 2-SHAMPOO
I used one of my favorite shampoo which cleans my har without drying it out. This shampoo also detangles my hair so it helps this entire process to go quicker.

STEP 3- DEEP CONDITIONER
To deep condition my hair I used one of my favorite mask the klorane mask with abyssinia oil (read full review here) which I mixed with olive oil and honey as I always do with this mask. I put a plastic bag around my hair and use my blow-dryer to heat the all thing for 30 min. Using heat help hair masks to be more efficient.

STEP 4- LEAVE-IN + HEAT PROTECTANT
After rinsing my hair with cold water to seal in the moisture I used a leave-in and a heat protectant from the same brand for the first time. The main rason I bought those is that there is no Alcohol Denat in it unlike most heat protectant. I know that alcohol Denat can be very drying and irritated on my combination skin so I can't imagine the damages on my dry hair. Also there is only good reviews on the Internet. It was the first time I used it but so far so good. 

STEP 5-BLOW-DRYING



I applied a little bit of argan oil first and to blow-dry my hair with the new Tangle Teezer blow-styling hairbrush for the first time (full review here). As I was not used to use that brush I had to sometimes alternate with a paddle brush or the Denman straightening brush. I need to practice more with those last two, before I can make a full review on those as well.
This is a long process but for me healthy hair and well moisturized hair is the key to keep our hair healthy when we apply heat to it. Do not expect any miracle by using a heat protectant only on damaged dirty, dry or kinky hair that lacks managebility. This process was long but in the end my hair felt very healthy and soft.
Now I would love to know what is your blow-drying process ?

XOxo
Dianna.H
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Omg!! your hair has grown a lot and and looks healthy as usual👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. novodalin b17

    ReplyDelete

© Chiicpik. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig