My review on long lasting foundations 5/5: Clinique stay-matte oil-free foundation

 October 19th, 2015 
Hello readers today I am finally doing a review on the Clinique stay-matte  oil-free foundation that I started to use last year when I was in India. I also used it this summer on and off. The reason it took me so much time to do this review is because I had mixed feelings about this product so I had to really test it out in order to build my final opinion.
WHAT THE BRAND STATES
"Tested for streaking and fading at 88°F with a constant 80% humidity, all to prove Stay-Matte stays fresh. At the same time, this patent-pending formula absorbs shine, controls oil, resists sweat. And you stay matte all day."

THE PACKAGING
The packaging of this product is very simple as it is a clear plastic tube with no pump. Although it is simple it does work well so I have nothing bad to say about it especially as Clinique foundations are often less expensive than other brands in the same category.

THE BAD
This foundation is my first Clinique foundation so I was very surprised of its thickness. I have then learned that it is usual for this brand. The thickness makes the application of the foundation complicated so you have to work on your face in section. This foundation also dries out very quick so you have to work fast. It has a light to light/medium coverage. Although you can get a medium to full coverage with it, if you do so you will get a cakey result because of its thickness that is visible to the naked eye.
THE GOOD
First thing first, my very sensitive skin never broke out because of it. This foundation has a packaging that is easy to carry around; it has a long lasting power and it does not transfer at all. You may shine during the day but what you will see is oil not the foundation melting off. So you may have to blot during the day but the foundation will not move and it will look the same at the end of the day, even on hot days during the summertime. Regarding its resistance to humidity; I also have to agree on that point, It is pretty good. I also love the fact that it has many shades, although I did not find the perfect match it still look good and I can work with it. When you finally understand how to make it work for your skin the finish is very pretty in real life, on pictures and videos.

SHOULD YOU BUY THIS PRODUCT ?
If you like foundations that are easy to work with, do not buy this foundation because you will be disappointed. If you have dry skin do not waste your money you don’t need it for your skin type. If you have oily skin it is worth  giving it a try because it is very rare to find a good long lasting foundation, but if your skin is combination keep that foundation for the summer days only. If you have sensitive skin it is also worth giving it a try because this foundation has no alcohol denat and no perfume.

Details on the below look done with the Clinique foundation HERE
WIll I REPURCHASE ?
It took me a while to get how this foundation works and my main issue with it was the thickness and the fact that I could not get a better coverage without getting a cakey look. Recently I bought a liquid foundation from Laura Mercier that is very very liquidty. I realized that it was a little bit too dark for me too late so I decided to mix it with the Clinique foundation and tata… Perfect texture, great coverage, perfect finish. It is just the perfect combination for the summer. So yes I will repurchase as long as I can mix it with a good and very liquidy foundation.

XOxo
Dianna.H
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chiicpik. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig