My review on Kiehl's Re-texturizing Micro-dermabrasion: more than a scrub...

 August 5th; 2014 
Hello, in most of my skin care posts I always say how much exfoliating is an important step to get and maintain a beautiful skin (see here). There are 3 type of exfoliating products: chemical, manual and hybrid (chemical and manual at the same time) and my skin love all of them. For this post I am going to focus on manual scrubs and review my favorite one: the epidermal  re-texturizing  micro-dermabrasion from kiehl’s.
The word scrub is not used in the title of this product although it acts like one; the term micro-dermabrasion is used instead. And this is what you should know about it:
“Microdermabrasion is one of the most recent skin-care techniques to have crossed over from Hollywood to the mainstream. It is a general term for the application of tiny rough grains to buff away the surface layer of skin. It helps removing dead cells from the first top layer of our skin which is also home to many imperfections like fine lines, blackheads or dark spots. Those dead cells also prevent some of our skin care products to penetrate deeper. Its benefits are many: makes it easier for high-tech skin care products to penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin softens fine lines and wrinkles, helps to smooth coarsely textured skin, decreases the appearance of scarring, decreases pore size, and reduces superficial hyper-pigmentation.”
This is a summary of what a Kiehl’s representative told me when I found out about this product for the first time a few years ago. When I got those explanations I thought to myself: -“Ok so that’s a scrub, they just gave it a sophisticated name." Well, I realized I was wrong from the first time I used it. The texture is a cream filled with tones of very tiny rough grains that are actually natural crystalline silica. The very first time I used it as recommended; I applied a coin size amount on my hands and manually scrubbed my damped face for 40 seconds. When it was time to rinse it off I realized how soft my skin felt.
The soft feeling is much better than what you get with a regular scrub. So yes it acts as a scrub but you get a more efficient result. I have been using it on and off for three years now. I use it once to three times a week and now I prefer to apply it on dry face. Each time my skin feels soft my pores are minimize and in conjunction with a good sun screen it helps diminish my dark spots. This product may seem expensive ($41/45€/£40 for 2.5fl/75ml) but it will last you at least a year. The packaging is simple as all Kiehl’s products. If you are afraid to take the plunge because of the price do not hesitate to test it out first. You can easily ask for samples at a Kiehl’s counter; their representatives are amazing and this is how I discovered this product. The following week I was back to the store to buy the full size product. 

Would I recommend this product?
Yes and yes to all of you who enjoy manual scrubbing. 

XOxo
Dianna.H
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chiicpik. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig